January 2006 – Present Day 675 Alpha Park Drive Highland Hts
● Matthew is an accomplished accounting professional with over seventeen years
of experience specializing in wholesale, retail, and nonprofit (501C3s)
● Part of his duties is to present complex financial analysis reports to various
audiences including boards of directors, management, stakeholders, and
● He has excellent quantification skills including budgeting, forecasting, strategic
planning, and business development.
● Grew a private bookkeeping service from one accountant in Cleveland in 2006 to
a service offering accounting, bookkeeping, and grant writing services.
● Responsible for all accounting functions.
● Developed and documented business processes and streamlined operating
procedures resulting in a 35% reduction in overhead.
● Researches new funding and business development opportunities.
● Hired an internal team to complete client projects.
● Quality Control Management- Personally review each project. Ensure the
work is done to the highest standards.
● Formed partnerships with CPA firms that complete client tax returns.
● Works closely with the executive team and program staff to identify areas of
concern regarding grant compliance.
● Ensures that grant funds are expended in compliance with grantor agency
regulations and interacts with outside agencies, internal and independent
auditors, and financial monitors.
● Reviews all grants and special conditions to ensure programmatic and finance
objectives and requirements are aligned.
● Maintains and monitors all grants/contracts to ensure all grant and
government funding is being allocated accurately across allowed program
Annette Hatcher Brito joined The Akari Foundation at its inception after working in and with ReLu Productions for many years. As the Human Resources & Employee Relations officer, and member of our board of directors, Annette has proudly watched The Akari Foundation grow to what it is today. Annette has over 20 years of experience across multiple industries and holds a number of university degrees, professional certifications and licenses ranging from Biological Engineering and Forensic Epidemiology to Information Technology, Lab Operations and Agile - Scrum Methodologies. Annette's works regarding high performance teams, implementing her uniquely curated processes that focus on strong communication and problem-solving have been implemented and published across industries, resulting in safe environments for teams to work together through a model aimed to "Listen, Understand, Address and Resolve" issues in a timely manner, ensuring increased employee and stakeholder satisfaction and process improvements.
Shvetali Thatte is an M1 at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Shvetali graduated Summa cum laude from Case Western Reserve University in May 2022 with a B.S. in Neuroscience and an Honors Distinction in Research. During her year between undergrad and medical school, Shvetali worked at Horizon Therapeutics, a biotechnology company specializing in rare diseases. Seeing first-hand how the rare disease experience is unique for patients, and observing the intersectionality between rare diseases and racial and ethnic minorities, Shvetali joined the Akari Foundation to help advocacy and educational efforts for the Hispanic community facing challenges in the rare disease space. As an aspiring physician, Shvetali recognizes how important health literacy and access to healthcare is in receiving the necessary medical care, and as she pursues her medical career, she hopes to leverage her knowledge and skills to create new initiatives that address inequities faced by underserved populations in the healthcare space.
Anthony Williams has been in the healthcare industry for over twenty years with both pharmacy automation and clinical laboratory experience. Both his strategic sales and strategies execution in startups have generated over 5M in revenue.
Anthony is a graduate of Northwestern State University (BS in Industrial Engineering Technology) He also holds a MBA in Operations Management from American Intercontinental University. Anthony also received Presidential Hammer Award for National Partnership Reinventing Government and currently in 16 week-program centered around education around Venture Capital.
Anthony has worked for 3 start-up companies.
● Baker APS (McKesson)
● Parata Systems (Becton Dickinson)
● Variantyx (Series C)
Anthony is married to Angela Williams, they have two sons Anthony Jr., Andrew. Their son Anthony Jr., is a national junior honor society and 3 sport athlete and Andrew is elementary school student-athlete. Anthony is grandson of Eddie Williams WWII veteran and son of James Williams, 101 Airborne Division Vietnam Veteran.